Monday, April 10, 2017

Alt-Right Horror

Well, well, well....the Alt-Right is freaking out over President Trump's attack on Syria.

Look guys, its a lousy Tomahawk strike. It doesn't mean that next week the 82nd Airborne Division is dropping into Damascus and the 1st Marines are landing at Tarsus to be followed up by the 1st Cavalry Division. Though I admit that sounds like a pretty good idea.

I kid, I kid.

Let's think about this. So you've got two divisions on the ground reinforced by a third. The 82nd Airborne drops south and east of Damascus and isolates the city from those directions. The 1st Marine Division lands at Tarsus and advances up the M-1/M-20 to the Homs cutoff. They isolate Homs with one brigade, leaving the other two to secure the rear back to Tarsus. From there they hand the advance off to the 1st Cavalry Division. You've got an 80 or so mile road trip along the M-5 south to Damascus. I'm reinforcing with the 10th Mountain which will hold open the M-5 corridor as the 1st Cavalry approaches Damascus.

I'll be relying on three carrier battlegroups for air support, plus B-1s and B-2s out of Whiteman and Deigo Garcia.

From there it ought to be a simple matter of...

Hahahahahah.

I amuse myself.

Seriously, Alt-Right guys. We all have ideas, preconceived and otherwise. Then reality hits. What's the president thinking? I dunno. And neither do you.

Until we learn what's happening, calm down.

No comments:

Post a Comment