Thursday, April 13, 2017

Nuke the University

Update: Kurt Schlichter fans, thanks for stopping by! If you like techno-thrillers and alt-history novels, links are above. Thanks again and enjoy.

Every word written by Kurt Schlichter is right.

Let's take his two main points one at a time.

First Schlichter talks about academia being the enemy of all things good and decent. Oh boy is he ever right. Raritan Valley Community College, where I taught for five years, has departments run and staffed by communists, cross dressing perverts, Feminazis, Black Panthers and SJW creeps who give their kids names like 'Justice'. I am not making that up.

As far as curriculum, just insert any whacked-out lefty-prof nightmare you've ever heard of. I actually came in for a lot of grief because I turned my World-Civ I class into a Plato to NATO course. This is what we used to refer to as 'normal'.

Now before we get our second point, we should address something Schlichter says that resonated with us:
Let’s set aside the fact that community college exists to give everyone the opportunity to get some higher education; today, it’s job is to occupy high school students for a few extra years by intermittently teaching them the things the incompetence of unionized teachers ensured they didn’t learn in public high schools.
God Almighty this is so true. The reader should never, ever listen to the 'poor' public school teacher telling them how great and underappreciated they are.  Most school teachers think they are 'light workers'. Yeah you get a week off at Xmas, another in the spring, not to mention summer. And your day ends at three. This doesn't stop them from constantly bitching. I know. I was a sub at Bernards High, Bernanrdsville, NJ for seven years and I listened to them every day.

The kids I got in World Civ and US-I knew dick.

Schlichter moves on to a great point that I can vouch for personally:
At the same time, we can use the law to help facilitate the transition away from the current centralized campus with a bloated administration and faculty/four-year booze cruise model. Laws can mandate and regularize credentialing for technology-based learning to help make non-traditional programs a viable and accepted alternative to a traditional degree. Right now, college is less about learning than about creating a cultural signifier – someone who went to college is “one of us.” But that snobby luxury can’t endure when tuition becomes unaffordable for everyone but ultra-rich folks willing to pony up for their spawn’s sojourn on campus. And it’s unnecessary. To the extent college teaches hard skills – I learned how to beer bong like a boss – students can go on-line at a fraction of the cost to get the specific education they need, without spending time and money on nonsense they don’t. Oppression Studies requirements, I’m looking at you.
I finished up my BA in 2002 at American Public University and earned an MA at same in 2005. Most of the papers I wrote became magazine articles.

On-line education, and I was doing it before anyone had heard of Phoenix, was great for me, and a great way to undermine the communists running higher ed today.

No comments:

Post a Comment