Tuesday, April 4, 2017

Filibustering Maverick

So John McCain, author of the original Gang of 14 deal in 2005 that saved the judicial filibuster now says he will vote to nuke the filibuster this week.

I'm biased of course, but I've been less hostile to Senator McCain than a lot of other Conservatives. Sure he works hardest against other Republicans, he loves the media and he loves to Maverick.

So stipulated.

McCain was Goldwater's protegee. He has a sense of humor and used to go on the Imus show a lot. He would have whupped Algore in 2000. And on the big issues of the last 15 years he's been right. He went all out for W in 2004, something I was not sure he would do.The press loved him right up until he refused to follow their narrative on Iraq. Rather than make serious, stentorian speech about the need to withdraw, he stuck to his guns and supported the Surge. So did I. Here's his 2004 RNC speech. Michael more got it hard and dry:


No I am not a sycophant. I've long thought he is a walking case for term limits and indeed its time to go.

That said, I'm glad he's around to be right on Neil Gorsuch.

No comments:

Post a Comment