Friday, March 3, 2017

The Gen X Style

We've written before about Generation X and Balding Boomer excess. The last time we did so we made a reference to the Balding Boom getting old quickly while Generation X has not.

I mean, by 1985 your average Balding Boomer was wrinkled balding and overweight, clinging desperately to his misspent youth and on the verge of buying a sports care in an attempt to recapture same.

Generation X doesn't really look like that, the question is why?

I think for starters we're the first ones to come of  age with a workout culture; aerobics, running, weights, and most Gen Xrs have kept it up. I know I have.

There's a lot of large, burly 40ish men out there. Between exercise and nutrition Generation X produced the biggest men in American history. By the time I was 18 I was as large as football players from the 1950s (6-0, 200). My grandfather used to give me all kinds of crap for looking like a piano mover and not some nice Jewish lawyer.

On the female side a lot of women differed motherhood for a while and thus aged differently. The exercise and nutrition have been great for the gals too. Look folks, in 1985 there were no MILFs. I'm proud and delighted to say that Generation X is full of them. God bless the modern fashion of form fitting jeans and boots.

Stylistically Generation X keeps it crisp. Nothing too fancy, T-shirt and jeans with a decent set of sneakers. Pressed shorts in the summer. At least that's how I role. I call it the 'Simon Cowell' look. [Did you just come out?-ed] You wish, motherfucker.

What a 50ish Gen Xer will look and feel like remains to be seen, but it will be seen soon...yikes.

No comments:

Post a Comment