Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Blessed Are the Editors

My editor(PBUH)  just took her Special Needs Educational Praxis test, you know for autistic and or emotionally disturbed students. She thanked me for giving her all that prep.

This was her recommended action plan for myself:

So upon conducting a functional behavioral assessment on you, I have concluded that the function of your bizarre behavior is attention seeking. So when I write up a Behavior Intervention Plan for you I need to replace that behavior with one that serves the same function. Maybe I could let you hand out the crayons before class ( only if you promise not to eat them) then every time you raise your hand and ask for help appropriately you get a reward. Therefore the target behavior is made extinct and the replacement behavior is positively reinforced.
This clip very much describes our relationship. After all, she is a limey:


Just this week she told me that she had a dream about me. She began:
I had this weird dream last night that I...
I'm thinking, 'Oh yeah....' But sadly, no:
...visited you in a psyche hospital. Before the nurse showed me the room you were in she said "Remember he is going to tell you that he is normal and that he does not need to be here, but they all say that so don't let him suck you in!
Damn it.

My editor says don't feel bad for her. After all she gets to go home. Now Mrs. Stroock on the other hand....

No comments:

Post a Comment